Join Our Team
IT Support Specialist
Ashland has an exciting opportunity for an IT Support Specialist to join our Ashland Credit Union business at our Ashland, KY location. This is a very visible, significant role within the Company and its IT Department. This position will report to the Credit Union VP of IT & Marketing.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Resolving first-level in-person and phone-based support inquiries from both current and prospective members as well as employees.
- Installation, deployment, and configuration of the organization’s user accounts, computer systems and applications.
- Maintenance and monitoring of the network, workstations, data systems, servers, and software.
- Analysis of support inquiries to discover and resolve underlying issues and or trends.
- Diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
- Execution of daily and monthly processing checklists while minimizing errors.
- Occasional travel, including both single and multi-day outings. May include unplanned travel to respond to and/or resolve incidents.
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- A minimum of an associate degree in computer science or related field
- 1-3 years of experience in information technology or technical support
- Extensive familiarity with Windows operating systems and networks as well as desktop productivity software.
- Willingness to work odd or irregular hours on occasion, both planned and unplanned, in order to perform maintenance, respond to incidents, or investigate and resolve unplanned system or service outages.
- Ability to lift computer equipment of up to 50 pounds and work in tight spaces to connect equipment.
The following skill sets are preferred by the business unit:
- 1-3 years of customer service experience
- Experience supporting and/or administering VMWare, MS SQL Server, WordPress, AIX Operating System.
- Knowledge of banking and credit union principles Applicable IT certifications (such as CompTIA A+, Network+, CISSP, MCSE)
1300 Central Ave
Ashland, KY 41101